Hello all – I can see you are all getting settled and working on your blogs. For this module, we continue with reading our foundational texts and getting settled in. You will be in very good shape if you have the readings done by the end of the week.
#hyperlib Course Blog Postings:
- Each week will begin with a “Welcome to…” post introducing the week’s module. It will contain vital information and action items for everyone. Due dates will be highlighted.
- Other posts will highlight various content and helpers for the course.
- If you haven’t added a profile pic or avatar, please do so by editing your Profile under the top right hand menu on our site. Remember: you can use any image to represent yourself in class.
- Start thinking about what book you’d like to read for the Context Book assignment. If the book you want to read is not on the list, just let me know what it is.
- All of our modules are open now. However, I’m still editing some of the future modules, so the content may change. Feel free to take a peak at what’s coming up.
- Please share your blog URL here so we can work on the OPML. 🙂
- To make sure everyone gets to see your introductory posts, please share the URL for that post via a comment here. If you edited “Hello World,” it won’t show up as a “latest post” in our activity feed.
- IMPORTANT: Please email me directly at mstephens7@ mac.com with questions and comments . Canvas email does not seem very friendly. You can also message me in the course site or find me on Zoom.
- You will also find two other ready-made groups on our site: Ask a Question and Course Site Help. You may also want to join the Connection Cafe, a space created by and for #hyperlib students a few semesters ago.
Upcoming #hyperlib Chats (See page for links)
February 7: Our first Class Social Hour will be at 1pm PT. I’ll be on hand to chat or answer any questions you have. No formal agenda, just a chance to check in. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/86403797121?pwd=dGozYXcxVFB6RG5NR25SekZKRnpiQT09
February 24: Michael Casey, author of one of our foundational texts and Director of Customer Experience for the Gwinnett County Public Library in metropolitan Atlanta, will join us at 4pm PT. We’ll talk a bit about his libraries and answer any questions you have, etc. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/84364022434?pwd=QWcyVk5URXZLK21KTStlbU05QkR2UT09
February 28 : Assignment Q & A Session for Planning, Director’s Brief & Symposium, join us at 1pm PT. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/84774025448?pwd=YzBTR28vaDQvT0tQaFRvOEEwV211QT09
TBA April: Stacie Ledden joins us at 4pm PT. Stacie is Director of Strategic Partnerships at Anythink Libraries.
Reflection Blogging Due Dates:
- Reflection on Foundational Readings OR Reflection on the Hyperlinked Library Model: 2/14
- Reflection on Participatory Service & Transparency OR Hyperlinked Communities: 2/28
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Environments (Student choice of topic area): 3/14
- Reflection on New Models, New Horizons , or The Power of Stories 4/18
- Reflection on Infinite Learning Modules (Student choice of topic area): 4/25
Major Assignment Due Dates: