Hello all – I can see you are all getting settled and working on your blogs. For this module, we continue with reading our foundational texts and getting settled in. You will be in very good shape if you have the readings done by the end of the week.
I am diving in to your intro posts due yesterday!
#hyperlib Course Blog Postings:
- Each week will begin with a “Welcome to…” post introducing the week’s module. It will contain vital information and action items for everyone. Due dates will be highlighted.
- Other posts will highlight various content and helpers for the course.
- Learn about RSS and download the OPML here!
- If you haven’t added a profile pic or avatar, please do so by editing your Profile under the top right hand menu on our site. Remember: you can use any image to represent yourself in class.
- All of our modules are open now. However, I’m still editing some of the future modules, so the content may change. Feel free to take a peak at what’s coming up.
- To make sure everyone gets to see your introductory posts, please share the URL for that post via a comment here. If you edited “Hello World,” it won’t show up as a “latest post” in our activity feed.
- IMPORTANT: Please email me directly at mstephens7@ mac.com with questions and comments . Canvas email does not seem very friendly. You can also message me in the course site or find me on Zoom.
- You will also find two other ready-made groups on our site: Ask a Question and Course Site Help. You may also want to join the Connection Cafe, a space created by and for #hyperlib students a few semesters ago.
Upcoming #hyperlib Chats (See page for links)
- August 27: Our first Class Social Hour will be at 1pm PT. I’ll be on hand to chat or answer any questions you have. No formal agenda, just a chance to check in. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/88234977363?pwd=R1FXUEt0WFR2ekM1dk45ajhkVkd5dz09 Password: 089552
- September 24: Michael Casey, author of one of our foundational texts and Director of Customer Experience for the Gwinnett County Public Library in metropolitan Atlanta, will join us at 4pm PT. We’ll talk a bit about his libraries and answer any questions you have, etc.Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/82703548656?pwd=RnFoVTFnZ040WWdWQk9haGZDZFd4Zz09 Password: 712863
- October 1: 1pm PT Assignment Q & A Session for Innovation Strategy & Roadmap, Inspiration Report & Symposium.Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/86268823100?pwd=Zy9iTVIvaC8xTnFCeGFzTitIRUJvUT09 Password: 732601
- TBA: Stacie Ledden joins us at 4pm PT. Stacie is Director of Strategic Partnerships at Anythink Libraries.
Reflection Blogging Due Dates
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Communities: Due 10/01
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Environments: Due 10/08
- Reflection on New Models or New Horizons: Due 10/29
- Reflection on The Power of Stories or WILD CARD*: Due 11/05
- Reflection on Infinite Learning Modules: Due 11/12
*Wild Card Blog Choice: revisit any past module or choose your own related topic!
Major Assignment Due Dates: