The symposium is a way to share your learning with the other members of our hyperlinked community. Imagine strolling around a beautiful space where each of you have created something the represents your takeaways or insights from The Hyperlinked Library. Focus on this question:What are you taking away from the Hyperlinked Library course? Explore your insights in any creative manner you’d like. It can be anything! Let your imaginations play!
Don’t miss this page of tools used by previous #hyperlib students: http://287.hyperlib.sjsu.edu/how-to/symposium-tools/
To share your work for the semester, consider one or more of the following for the “virtual symposium” – be as creative as you’d like.
- Utilize your blog, video, audio, slides, or any media-based online tool to create a 5 minute presentation about your learning and assignments. Highlight your work and your own critical thinking. Be creative!
- Challenge yourself with an “ignite” style talk: 15 slides in 5 minutes! (http://igniteshow.com)
- For the Director’s Brief, record a short presentation that sums up your brief as though you are sending it to an admin team.
- Highlight your top blog reflections in a “best of” post and synthesize your critical thinking over time.
- Create any digital artifact that explores your learning and the Hyperlinked Library: a graphic of the model, an “info-graphic,” etc..
- Think way outside the box and present your learning in your own unique way
- Suggest something to Michael or the class not included here!
NOTE: This does not have to be a ton of work or another complete project – it’s a way to share your learning with the other members of our hyperlinked community. Imagine strolling around a beautiful space where each of you have created something the represents your takeaways or insights from #hyperlib – that’s what I am looking for.
Posting & Submission:
Post the finished presentation to your blog.
SLO#6: Use various online tools to experience, discuss, and evaluate course concepts as they relate to library services.