Greetings all! For this module we will focus on planning for emerging technologies, participatory services of all kinds and the future. This is where we start to get very practical and focused on what’s happening with trends and technology in libraries and information centers. This is also the time to start thinking about the technologies, trends or participatory services you’d like to focus on for your remaining assignments.
- I updated the name of this module while re-recording and updating slides because there are so many amazing technologies and services we can use to engage with our users.
- Be sure to check your blog for pending comments. Dashboard –> Comments. You may seem some that need approval.
- Please review the page for the planning assignment. Here is a sample plan the demonstrates one approach to the assignment — EmergingTechnologyPlanningFixit Clinic– please be as creative as you’d like and utilize the resources here to create something the reflects your ideas for what the plan should be.
- Keep up the excellent reflective blogging – I enjoyed catching up on your thoughts last week. Great writing!
- View the assignment Q & A chat recording here.
- Please join the Idea Space group to discuss topics for the upcoming assignments.
Upcoming #hyperlib Chats: (There are no mandatory sessions but students are encouraged to attend if schedules allow. It will be a way for us to check in and keep in touch. Sessions will be recorded and available.)
- RESCHEDULED: October 9: Michael Casey, author of one of our foundational texts and Director of Customer Experience for the Gwinnett County Public Library in metropolitan Atlanta, will join us at 4pm PT. We’ll talk a bit about his libraries and answer any questions you have, etc. https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/860133313
- NEW! October 22 – Stacie Ledden joins us at 4pm PT. Stacie is Director of Innovations and Brand Strategy at Anythink Libraries. https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/741488175
Deliverables this week:
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Environments – Choosing your own adventure! (Student choice of topic area): 10/06
- Please start work on planning assignment and be thinking about the Director’s Brief. This is a good week to map out your work for the rest of our semester.
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Environments (Student choice of topic area): 10/06
- Reflection on New Models, New Horizons OR Mobile Devices & Connections: 10/27
- Reflection on Infinite Learning Modules (Student choice of topic area): 11/10
Major Assignment Due Dates:
Be sure to explore each assignment page and let me know if you have questions.