Hey all – I am super pleased with the growing cohesion and reflection of this group as I read through your updates and posts.
As we go deeper into the semester, please make sure you pay close attention to the course schedule and due dates. I do not want to see anyone get behind. This is one of the most important pages of the site:
Reflection Blogging Due Dates:
- Reflection on Foundational Readings OR Reflection on the Hyperlinked Library Model: 9/04
- Reflection on Participatory Service & Transparency OR Hyperlinked Communities: 9/18
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Environments OR New Models: 10/09
- Reflection on New Horizons OR The Power of Stories 10/23
- Reflection on Infinite Learning Modules (Student choice of topic area): 11/06
Major Assignment Due Dates:
- Check the course site daily: https://287.hyperlib.sjsu.edu
- Peruse the latest activity daily: https://287.hyperlib.sjsu.edu/community/activity/
- See if there’s anything new in your groups by clicking Activity –> Groups on your profile page. Mine looks like this: https://287.hyperlib.sjsu.edu/community/peers/michael/activity/groups/ If you are only interested in new posts, go back to the activity page and use the filter to look for new posts. The most important announcements from me will go on our main page or use the Archives sidebar or page numbers at the bottom of the page to go back.
From our Course Requirements page:
Students will be expected to use the course Web site multiple times a week to stay up to date with readings, assignments, and blogging. This is also a way for students to experience the emerging social nature of the web – similar systems are being used in library settings all over the world. Librarians are working, writing and sharing in open, online systems created for interaction with each other and with library users. The course site utilizes the WordPress software package to create an open, interactive environment for sharing and discourse. You must create an account on the site and publish an open blog but no one in class is required to share their full name, photo or any other details. The use of avatars and aliases is acceptable.
It is essential that you keep steady attention to the course, to the modules, to the readings, and to the blog postings from your classmates.
For more on the points devoted to engagement and participation: https://287.hyperlib.sjsu.edu/participation/
Grading will be based on 100 possible points.
- All assignments are due on dates due and must be turned in by midnight PT.
- Late submissions will be reduced by 20% of the total points possible for that assignment.
- If life circumstances require students to request an extension, please do so several days before the assignment is due or as soon as possible.
- Communication and interaction throughout the semester via the course site is expected and required.