The Power of Stories
Create a project, plan, or idea that captures the power of stories for librarians, patrons, and/or communities. Your brief may be designed to introduce a storytelling-inspired proposal to your library director or admin team. Note: for this assignment, please be creative and consider the DOK library in Delft’s mantra: “Keep stories, make stories, share stories.” The Director’s Brief is ripe with opportunities–be creative and have fun!
Need inspiration? Take a look at the following selected resources but feel free to select an approach to storytelling not included here as well.
- The Library Story: A Strategic Storytelling Toolkit for Public Libraries
- Digital Storytelling for Communities: The Case for Digital Storytelling in Libraries
- 7 Storytelling Techniques Used by the Most Inspiring TED Presenters
- Programming Librarian Blog: Digital Storytelling in 6 Steps
- ALSC: Storytelling with Puppets
- The Power of Story
Our Power of Stories Module: