Things to Read
- Simon, N. (n.d.). The participatory museum.
- Titlow, J. (2016). How A 145-Year-Old Art Museum Stays Relevant In The Smartphone Age.
- Nonprofit Quarterly (2019). Museums: Nonprofits in the Eye of the Perfect Storm
- Ulaby, N. (2020). Refugee Docents Help Bring A Museum’s Global Collection To Life.
Things to Explore
- Cho, J. (2016). Impact of social media on museums, art.
- IMLS (2017). Strengthening Networks, Sparking Change: Museums and Libraries as Community Catalysts
- User Research from Pew (2018). News Use Across Social Media Platforms
- User Research from Pew (2016). Social Media Update 2016.
- Alikhan, A. (2017). New Technologies in Art Museums
- Cleveland Museum of Art (n.d.). ArtLens Wall
- Fantoni, S. F., Jaebker, K., Leason, T. ((2014). Museums and the Web
- Mansky, J. (2018). Play Wall Art Like an Instrument
- Snyder, S. (2018.) Virtual Visits
- Zimmerman, E. (n.d.). Technology Deep Dive into Art
- Beck, K. (2016). Particpatory Archiving in Caribe Sur
- Becerra-Licha, S. (2017). Archives as Community Practice
- National Archives (2018). Citizen archivist dashboard
- National Archives (2012). Developing Access and Participation
- NYPL Map Warper
- American Alliance of Museums (2017). Community Engagement and Impact
- Bienkowski, P. (2016). How to Change into a Participatory Museum and Gallery
- Clark. K. (2018). A Museum Filled with Life
- Doljenkova, V., Tung, G. (2015). Beacon Technology in Museums
- McDermon, D. (2016). Who”s in charge at the Brooklyn Museum
- Oliveira, E. A. & de Barba, P. (2018). How does learning happen in museums.
- Richardson, J. (n.d.). Ten Startups Disrupting Museums
- San Diego Museum of Art (2019). The SDMA app – Enhance your museum experience
- University of Michigan (n.d.). Teaching with Collections