Hello all – I can see you are all getting settled and working on your blogs. For this module, we continue with reading our foundational texts and getting settled in. You will be in very good shape if you have the readings done by the end of the week.
- If you haven’t added a profile pic or avatar, please do so by editing your Profile under the top right hand menu on our site. Remember: you can use any image to represent yourself in class.
- Start thinking about what book you’d like to read for the Context Book assignment. If the book you want to read is not on the list, just let me know what it is.
- All of our modules are open now. However, I’m still editing some of the future modules, so the content may change. Feel free to take a peak at what’s coming up.
- Please share your blog URL here so I can finish up the OPML. Note: your first introductory blog post was due 1/29
- To make sure everyone gets to see your introductory posts, please share the URL for that post via a comment here. If you edited “Hello World,” it won’t show up as a “latest post” in our activity feed.
- IMPORTANT: Please email me directly at mstephens7@ mac.com with questions and comments . Canvas email does not seem very friendly. You can also message me in the course site or find me on BBIM.
- Please say hello to @liloverdue who is working with me on an INFO 298 course devoted to exploring WordPress.
Upcoming #hyperlib Chats
- February 5 – Our first Class Social Hour will be at 11am PT. I’ll be on hand to chat or answer any questions you have about assignments, etc.
- February 20 – Michael Casey, author of one of our foundational texts and Director of Customer Experience for the Gwinnett County Public Library in metropolitan Atlanta, will join us at 4pm PT. We’ll talk a bit about his libraries and answer any questions you have, etc.