What’s Up, @hyperlib?

Hello, @Michael and fellow classmates!

I’m happy to be here. I chose this course because of the illustrious reputation which has preceded it and because I am very interested in how the paradigm of public libraries can shift in ways which connect us to each other.

I’m excited to expand my mind with new ideas about what libraries and librarians are capable of and also to enhance the foundation of my understanding in the field.

The public library pathway is my interest in LIS, although I am a brand new, fledgling baby to the library and information science world.

I look forward to connecting with you all and to an enriching semester!

Below is a picture of my husband, two children and I after a youth chorus concert for my daughter (and a karate event, hence my son’s donning of his gi). (P.S., my profile picture is a drawing my daughter did of me during the pandemic lockdown. I think it is pretty apt.)

@lauraw 🙂

3 Replies to “What’s Up, @hyperlib?”

1. Hi @lauraw,

Do you want to bet there is going to be a lot of mix up with our names/usernames (mine is @laurele). haha 😉 That is the story of my life and I’m sure you have experienced it your whole life too! (My mom’s name is Lauren and daughter’s name is Lorelai, which make things worse!) 🙂

Nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you!
    -Laurel

1. Haha, oh wow, love all those L names! Yes, Lauren seems to be the most common for me. That’s sort of why I went with L-Dawg, but also because I’m silly. Thanks for your comment and nice to meet you as well! Best of luck in class!