Meet My Meelo

As a way to not only introduce you to my fur child, but to practice embedding pictures and video into blog posts, here is Meelo, our 8-year-old Boxer rescue. He is a runt of a lil’ thang and doesn’t bark unless he’s really feeling a “I’m Mad as Hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!” moment (which is hardly ever!).

Nicknamed “Sir Licks a Lot,” his name comes from a compromise between my husband and I. His former name was Camilo (he was given up due to financial constraints from his previous owner). I wanted to name him “Milo” (with the long “i” sound) while my husband wanted to honor his previous life and keep his former name. “Milo” with the short “i” sound was what it became (shortened from Camilo), but we found spelling it “Meelo” was easier for pronunciation.

Another favorite nickname of his is “Licky Potter,” due to the egregious lightning bolt scar on his forehead. Troubling to wonder how it got there.

As you can see, he likes to repose in warm places and can’t help but live his best life 2.0, as seen in the video below.

Click on the link to see the video:

Meelo’s Favorite Past Time – SD 480p

*Song credit: “Bambino,” by André Toussaint

*Images by Laura Wecksler