About Me

Intro Post

My name is Erika and this is my 2nd year (4th semester) in the MLIS program. I am a mother of 4 boys, ages 9, 8, 4, and 2. I’m a stay-at-home mother, but I also help run a concrete business with my husband who is a licensed contractor here in the Bay Area. My plan is to eventually work as an academic librarian at a university or college nearby or possibly at a tech company. In my free time, I like to read, talk about books on Instagram, and spend time with my family. I am excited to be back in school after a much-needed winter break and look forward to learning new things! 

• Michael Stephens

@erikabn That is a great picture! Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your life. During the pandemic, I helped out friends by babysitting with their two–year-old. I learned a lot and he was a handful. I can imagine four boys would really be a handful. 😀

Welcome to #hyperlib!

• Laurel E.

Hi Erika,

I am also a stay-at-home mom of an 8 and 5 year old. You are amazing to be doing school four little ones! It can be very tough at times!

Nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you in the furture.

-Laurel