INFO 287: The Hyperlinked Library

Introduction Blog Post: All About ME!

Hello! My name is Mikayla (she/her) and this is my second semester in the iSchool MLIS program!

I graduated from San Jose State University in May 2023 with a BA in Psychology and a minor in Anthropology.  I am local to San Jose and am currently working for my local library (San Jose Public Library) as a part-time library page. I enjoy solving problems, answering questions, and connecting people with resources that are available to them. I am interested in pursuing public librarianship. However, I am excited and curious to learn more about other pathways!

I chose to take this course because I had Micheal Stephens as my professor for INFO 200: Information Communities last semester. I enjoyed the course structure and loved using WordPress to create blog posts for course assignments. Above all else, I appreciated the professor’s passion for libraries and information science. I look forward to watching more of his lectures in Panopto this semester and learning about the evolving nature of libraries.

My hobbies and interests include hiking, rock collecting, and embroidery. I love being in nature and learning to identify birds, insects, and plants. I am jealous of people who can identify and name the different types of clouds. I enjoy listening to audiobooks, and my current favorite authors are Stephen King, G.S. Denning, and David Grann.

I look forward to learning alongside everyone this semester!

1 Comment

1. Michael Stephens

@chasingchaos Great user name for our class!

Thanks for your kind words about 200. Thrilled you are working at SJPL. Excellent experience.

Welcome to #hyperlib!