Greetings and Salutations

Hi everybody,

I’m a born and raised bay area kid living in the tri-valley area. I’m in my last semester of the MLIS program and I am both excited and terrified for the future. Through this program I have learned the many different pathways that I could take, and while I’m not sure where I will end up the main goal I want to do is to work with teens and young adults.

In my professional life, I had wanted to be a teacher, but learned that classroom management is not my strongest skill. But my passion is wanting to help the next generation learn to love the library like I did at that age.

Unrelated, but I have a passion for film and discussing films so if anyone wants to talk about movies, I’m your gal.

Now while I don’t have a furry friend, I thought I would share the dog I often petsit. So introducing Maggie!

2 thoughts on “Greetings and Salutations”

1. @kmg333 Maggie is beautiful!

I did a film, minor in my undergrad, and so appreciate good discussion about film. I’ve been trying to watch as many of the best picture nominees as I can. Also, a big fan of really well-done creepy movies and there aren’t that many of those and film noir.

Welcome to #hyperlib!

2. Hi Kathleen,

When I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do as a second career I also contemplated teaching before deciding on pursuing the MLIS degree. I think I may also have issues with classroom management (haha) and I don’t know if I have to patience to be a teacher.

-Laurel