Hello Reader,

I am pleased to make your acquaintance as a fellow member of the Hyperlinked Library course! My name is Sabrina and I’m a second year MLIS student and current Library Support Staff employee with my local public library system in the Central Valley of California. My interests lie mainly in Public Librarianship, but I am still curious about other avenues like archives and special libraries.

As I gain more experience with library work and delve deeper into this program’s curriculum, I find myself ready and excited to take up arms for the library and discover new ways to connect with the communities I serve. I am a firm believer in the library as a third place and I plan to utilize my career to expand the definition of what a library means to its community, always rooting it as a place of connection: to information, to services, to each other.

When I’m not attempting to earn my librarian stripes, I am most likely to be found listening to or making music, meandering in nature, or frequenting my local karaoke night with my pals. I also enjoy spending my time reading, cuddling with two spunky house cats, and playing cozy games. I look forward to discussing the future of libraries with you all and chatting about anything else we happen upon!

This entry was posted in Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Hello Reader,

1. @sabrinaschmier Super fun intro! Amen to the Third Place and to wherever the library may have presence. 😀

Welcome to #hyperlib!