Excitations

by @quarrypak

gentle coffee house saturday morning intro

Hi, all,

My name is Quarry (pronounced just like the dictionary says. I’m named after Marie Curie, by way of a Korean pastor trying his best to complete my birth certificate form on demand at UCLA Medical Center. My mom was a Chemistry major and admirer of the Polish Nobel Prize winning scientist). 

Currently, I’m a lecturer and leadership coach at UC Berkeley in the Schools of Social Work and Education. I’m on a year sabbatical from my role as the Supervisor of Health Education and Wellness at the San Francisco Unified School District.

I live in the East Bay with my family (Richmond, CA) and spend my time enjoying the outdoors, reading poetry and graphic novels, listening to music, exploring Bay Area art, just started #couchtobarbell (so far enjoying it more than #couchto5k) and experimenting in the kitchen with vegan and other cuisines, as well as baking.

I look forward to connecting with all of you and diving deeper into the hyperlinked library; connecting people with information is my jam. Here’s my Spotify daylist for this morning (Thanks AI!):

4 responses to “gentle coffee house saturday morning intro”

1. right now I’m revisiting Muriel Rukeyser’s poems and checking out the new releases from Drawn and Quarterly in Montreal. read most of Alison Bechtel’s The Secret to Superhuman Strength last year…