Uncategorized

Introduction Blog Post: Who I’am?

I’m thrilled to be embarking on a new academic journey this semester, and I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to this vibrant and dynamic community. My name is Barry Robinson and I currently work as a Contract Specialist at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. While my professional life revolves around contracts and administration, my heart has always been drawn to the world of Library and Information Science (LIS).

Why LIS?

The decision to pursue a course in LIS was influenced by my deep-rooted passion for knowledge management and the transformative power of information. In my role at the Department of Veterans Affairs, I’ve witnessed firsthand the importance of efficient information systems and the crucial role they play in supporting our veterans. This realization sparked my desire to delve deeper into the LIS world, where I hope to contribute my skills and knowledge to enhance information accessibility and organization.

Excitement for the Semester Ahead

As I eagerly await the commencement of this semester, I can’t help but feel a sense of excitement about the prospect of diving into diverse topics within the LIS field. Whether it’s exploring the latest advancements in information technology or understanding the intricacies of digital archiving, I am ready to absorb all that this course has to offer.

Area of Interest in the LIS World

While I’m open to exploring various facets of LIS, my primary area of interest lies in the intersection of information management and community engagement. I believe that well-organized and accessible information can empower communities and bridge gaps in knowledge. I’m particularly keen on discovering ways in which LIS professionals can contribute to building inclusive and accessible information environments.

Beyond Work: Life in Oakland

Outside the world of contracts and information science, I find solace in the vibrant city of Oakland, where I live with my wonderful wife, mother, and our three furry companions – our dogs. When I’m not immersed in the world of academia or navigating the intricacies of contracts, you can find me knee-deep in soil, pursuing my favorite hobby – gardening. There’s something incredibly therapeutic about nurturing plants and watching them flourish.

I’m looking forward to connecting with fellow students, professors, and professionals in the LIS community. If you share similar interests or simply want to exchange ideas, feel free to reach out! Let’s make this semester a memorable journey of learning and collaboration.

Cheers to the exciting times ahead!

One Comment