Hello Hyperlinked Community!

Hello and welcome to my hyperlinked experience. My name is Amy and I am starting year 2 of my MLIS journey. I’ve spent the last 27 years working in the world of publishing which sprung from my love of books. I sit on my local library board and volunteer in the community. I am really enjoying being back in school.

I live just over the Golden Gate Bridge in Marin County, California.  I spend my spare time with my husband, 2 teenage kids, and Bernese Mountain Dog. I love to read/listen to books, hike, and spend time with friends.

I am very excited about this course. I am interested in participatory culture, innovation, and creativity in the library space. I interviewed Marie Østergaard from Dokk1 for my team’s strategic plan in INFO 204 and I was absolutely blown away by what she has  accomplished. I love the idea of the Design Thinking mindset and community engagement and cannot wait to see where this course takes me.

Here is my girl Roxy.

@amyb

3 Replies to “Hello Hyperlinked Community!”

1. @amyb that is so cool you got to interview Marie. I think one of your classmates told me that was happening. Perhaps he was in your group for 204. What an excellent experience.

Roxy is beautiful!

Welcome to #hyperlib!

1. Thank you @michael. Yes, Jason was my teammate on the project and we both had the pleasure of interviewing Marie. She speaks very highly of you and it was a fantastic experience!