Hello!

My name is Mildred Denise Jessie, but I go by Denise. I have a BA in history and a MA in history from Fresno State. I taught history for about 16 years at Fresno State and a local community college. About four years ago, I moved to a small town in Mendocino County and gave up all my face-to-face classes and kept only my online classes. To make up for the loss of income, I got a job at the county library. I found that I enjoyed my library days more than my teaching days, so I decided to go back to school for a MLIS. I asked around and many people in the library system where I work went to San Jose State, so, here I am!

When I started this program, I was hoping to be able to advance through the ranks in this library system as I worked towards earning my degree, but the position of Branch Librarian opened up, and, after serving as “acting” librarian for 6 months, I was hired for the position of Branch Librarian.

In addition to a full time job at the library, and taking MLIS classes, I love to garden, sew and do most any crafts.

I look forward to working with all of you and getting to know you.

@denise

Comments

6 responses to “Hello!”

1. Emily Mizokami Avatar
    Emily Mizokami

Hello Denise,

A branch librarian in Mendocino County? How lovely does that sound? Which town do you work in? We camp in Mendocino County about once a year and would love to pay you a visit.

1. Denise Jessie Avatar
      Denise Jessie

Hi Emily,
      I live and work in Willits. The library is right next to the museum.

1. Emily Mizokami Avatar
        Emily Mizokami

Oh awesome, I may stop by this summer!

1. Denise Jessie Avatar
          Denise Jessie

Be sure to stop by and say “Hi.” It would be great to meet you in person.

2. @denise Thanks for sharing the path that lead you to our program. Congrats on becoming the Branch Librarian! Welcome to #hyperlib!

1. Denise Jessie Avatar
      Denise Jessie

Thank you.