Home » Uncategorized » Virtual Symposium: Librarian/SeaShanty TikTok

Virtual Symposium: Librarian/SeaShanty TikTok

In this course we have explored the idea of constant learning, and seeking out Professional Learning Experiences. I am eager to embrace this concept in order to develop into a better creator of programs and stronger librarian over all. I also want to embrace the idea that we can be playful* in our work. For my virtual symposium entry I tried a brand new, to me, technology, the app TikTok! I have loved the #SeashantyTok that I’ve seen and wanted to try my hand at it. It was challenging to try to work within the limitations of the app, and I have an increased respect for the creators who have mastered it. In 60 seconds I attempt to convey some of the highlights of developing participatory, user-centered service, and emerging technology in Hyperlinked Libraries while rhyming. (Lyrics Below). * Please note for historical accuracy I wore the typical garb of our people, glasses and also donned a cardigan.

1. I am such a huge fan of this!! I love sea shanties, and you did an amazing job summarizing this semester while staying in verse: many kudos!! Also your voice is lovely 🙂 Well done!!

2. Rosa!! This is so good!! Love this, fun, engaging, brave, totally outside of the box. Thanks for pushing me this semester–your content is always inspiring.

• Gracias! I am so inspired by Your content! I wanted to take a little risk and share something of myself but I did have to dig deep, TikTok isnt for the faint of heart lol.

3. That was great! You peaked my interest when I saw that you were embracing the latest social media app Tik Tok. The video was so fun, what a great way to engage users with such a creative idea Great job!

4. I must admit I still don’t fully understand Tiktok but I found your sea shanty hypnotic and engaging while also informative (it helped that you included a written version to use while following along with the video version). I’m sure it wasn’t easy to get it down to the 60 second threshold.

5. Hi Rosa!

Wow! This was so good! You have a beautiful singing voice. I am impressed with your clever lyrics and how you were able to provide a complete overview of what we discussed this semester.

Warmly,
    Elizabeth

6. Hey Rosa!
    This is amazing! I loved every second of it! Great job. Best of luck to you!