3-2-1 VIRTUAL SYMPOSIUM

The format of my virtual symposium submission is a mixture of a standard Instagram post and presentation animations. I have been inspired lately by how much information is being shared through Instagram posts that are multiple pages with users swiping to read all of the text. Many of the posts are text-heavy and address a variety of topics (e.g. gender pronouns, covid restrictions, voting rights, etc.).

The link to my full virtual symposium post is here.

4 comments
  1. Hi Molly –
    I enjoyed your symposium post. I too was impacted by the power of stories. I also like that you plan to engage your curiosity as your action you are going to do right away. Great job.
    -Jennie

2. Hi Molly,
    Wonderful presentation. Canva is a great tool. I love the animated gif that serves as a place holder on your blog for your presentation. How did you do that? Is that standard with Canva?
    -Christine

1. @cmcaldwell Thanks! I downloaded the first slide of the presentation only and selected the gif option. When adding it to WP, you have to change the format of the image to “full size” or it won’t play the gif. I’ve never made a gif before–it was fun!

3. Hi Molly (@mollyp),
    I love the animation features of your Virtual Symposium! I also enjoy your “one thing I will do right now” idea. The 3-2-1 concept just reminded me of a newsletter that I subscribe to by James Clear, author of Atomic Habits. Every Thursday, Clear sends out 3 ideas, 2 quotes from others, and 1 question for you to think about. I have found it to be a great way to reflect every week. https://jamesclear.com/3-2-1
    Ciera