Hello Hyperlibrary Community!

Laurier Park, Montreal in Fall
Here’s a view of my once local park in Montreal

Hi! I’m Sarah Ayers and live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. This is my third term of my MLIS at SJSU and I’ve really been enjoying diving into new topics. I have a Bachelor of Design from the University of Alberta and worked as a Graphic Designer for 10 years before deciding on a career change to libraries. My work took me briefly to London, UK and for 10 years to Montreal, QC. One of main reasons to make the change to libraries was that I wanted to do something with a greater benefit to society and to interact more with people than with technology.

I haven’t worked professionally in the field but have volunteered in every school library that my mom worked in as a Teacher-Librarian during her career and saw how she was able to transform spaces into vital, active hubs of the school.

I’m excited by the new possibilities that technology provide for us to interact with the world around us, share our experiences and I am very interested to learn more about where libraries are headed in the future.

Standard

3 thoughts on “Hello Hyperlibrary Community!

1. Jacqueline says:

Wow Sarah, the photo makes me ready for fall! I bet your graphic design experience is really valuable in the library setting, especially as so much librarianship is going digital. Also, I’m jealous of your travels! Looking forward to meeting you in the class!
    Jacqueline

• Sarah Ayers says:

Thanks Jacqueline, I didn’t think Graphic Design seemed like it would relate to working in libraries, but I’m learning that it is valuable. Plus, working with computers 8 hours a day has made me very comfortable with technology 🙂