Introduction

Hi everyone, my name is Liz. I’m looking forward to this class with everyone. I really enjoy the format of this class so far with this blog, rather than being on Canvas. This is my last semester of classes (besides the ePortfolio which I will take in the Spring). Hopefully everything will go according to plan and I should be graduating then as well! I currently work as a librarian at a middle school in Southern California where I was born and raised. The school year started the same day as SJSU classes did. This is my 4th year there. I love it for the time being, however I do not think I am cut out to work with this age group long term. I would love to transition into academic librarianship, whether that be at a university, community college, or research center. My background is in English and literature, and I would ideally love to be a subject librarian for the humanities or English department at a college.

Some of my favorites hobbies and activities include reading, cooking, weightlifting, puzzles, hanging out with my awesome dog, and traveling (especially visiting libraries wherever I go). This summer, I was able to get some traveling in and went to Chicago, Denver, San Luis Obispo, and Mammoth Lakes. In Chicago, I was able to visit a handful of bookstores as well as an amazing archive with 40 foot high shelves that moved. Below are some pictures of the archives as well as a picture of my dog and I at Devil’s Postpile National Monument in Mammoth.

University archives shelving
Devil's Postpile

3 Responses to “Introduction”

1. Cristin Marie says :

That photo of the bookshelves is pretty amazing!

2. Michael Stephens says :

@elizabetholson How cool is the Devil’s Postpile! Reminds of the features of Devil’s Tower in Wyoming. Nice to see your pup too. Welcome to #hyperlib!

3. Tiffany Song says :

Hi Liz,

Congratulations on nearing the end of your journey here! That’s a good feeling.

I love how wonderful those bookshelves look! Honestly that’s the book collector’s dream to have a shelf like that one day! That’s my dream to have something like that despite my lack of height and space.