4 thoughts on “Symposium Post: 4 Major Takeaways

1. I love how you began with empathy and compassion, because I really believe it starts there, both for co-worker relationships and offering services.

I wanted to say that I LOVE Canva too, and I use it all the time. It makes everything look so professional, and like we have been learning about in class, how something is designed, the “look”, makes a difference in our highly visual world.

2. Thanks Cristin! I think compassion is the core, and every success is a reflection of that.
    And you’re right—looks matter in a world of the half-second-long Instragram scroll. It’s super important to be able to grab attention immediately—Canva is great for that! Thanks for the comment!

3. Hi Jacqueline, thanks for the reminder about treating co-workers with open mindedness and professionalism. With all of the busyness and daily pressures of running a library, sometimes we forget that we’re all in this together. I really liked your color scheme!

• Thanks Sharon! I think a team that remembers to be kind to each other reflects better on the library as a whole, and patrons take notice 🙂