I had an interview with the Hyperlinked magazine a while ago, and I think they did a pretty good job summarizing my main takeaways from this course. Read their newly published issue and you will get a rough idea of my hyperlinked journey!

I hope the video on the last page plays. In case the embedded code does not work, here’s the link: Ye Zhai’s Virtual Symposium – A Special Issue in the Hyperlinked Magazine

P.S. In case anyone is wondering what magazine it is…well, I made it up haha! I interviewed myself for the symposium and decided to publish a magazine for myself! You gotta dream big sometimes! 😛

14 Comments on Virtual Symposium – A Special Issue in the Hyperlinked Magazine

1. Hahaha, I absolutely love this concept. And the names of the editors in the publication!!! Great job, especially in not only summarizing your course takeaways but also in telling stories about how you embodied those takeaways in your employment.

• Thank you Ariel! I tried very hard coming up with those names and glad they helped! I was actually inspired by your symposium and wanted to approach mine as creative as possible. :p
      What a great experience working with you all! All the best to you!

2. Hi Ye,

I love it! I really enjoyed reading about what you took away from this course. It must have definitely been challenging to write about yourself in the third person. I also agree with Ariel, the names of the editors are fantastic!

Ciera

• Thank you Ciera! Actually after I got the whole idea, the rest of it just fell into place haha! It was a bit weird writing about myself in the third person, but it was super fun! I am not used to bragging but it felt natural when you pretend to be someone else lol

3. Ye –
    I loved this – I thought it was so creative. I thought it might be a real magazine until you said something in your post and before I opened the link. The names were creative and it just was a fun presentation for the symposium. I also loved the dinosaur part at the end.
    -Jennie

• Thank you so much Jennie! It was definitely a lot of fun creating the magazine! I’m glad you like the dinosaur. When we were shooting the footages for our video, students came to ask if they could take a picture with it. You can’t beat a dinosaur!

4. Hi Ye,
    What a creative way to summarizing your course takeaways. I enjoyed the enticing blurbs in your table of contents and the dynamic layout made it fun to read!
    Nydya

• Thank you for mentioning the TOC Nydya! That was actually the hardest part of the whole thing! I’m so happy you noticed it!

5. Hi Ye,
    I love the magazine that you’ve created. It’s such a fun read! I also really enjoyed the point you made about “emotion.” It really is true. We work with people and with people comes emotion. The library is a place where people experience a whole range of emotion, from joy (at finding new resources) to frustration (when bringing a question to be answered). The library is a place where people can find a community not only willing to listen, but to join them on their information seeking journey.

• Thank you for reading the magazine so carefully! I am happy that the “emotion” resonates with you. It truly is what I felt back then and I think it’s such an important aspect of the librarian job. It has been a great journey learning and reflecting in this course. All the best to you!

6. Hi Ye,

Great magazine! Looking forward to more issues! It was a great way to share all the information. Thank you for the blogs this term. Best of luck to you in the future!

-S