Posted by: | December 8, 2019

Virtual Symposium

Everyone, this is my Virtual Symposium. I did a Five in 5 video. It has been great to be in class with you. Thank you for watching!

Responses

1. Hi Christine,

I found it so hard to contain everything to just five to be honest! I feel like we have learned so much over this year! It’s been a great way to end 2019.

I love how creative you are getting! Hygge honestly sounds wonderful to me. I love learning about its influence on library redesigns. I almost never like to leave my house (particularly during the winter aka when I leave only for work, food, and getting gas). I got excited with the cozy designs you described.

I still resonate with the book Quiet. It’s one of the rare books that I feel understands us.

I’m a fan of stories myself. Story telling itself is an art form – we can go through so much as you said using the themes involved. I think that libraries can definitely make use of this. I love the human library and would still like to see one in my hometown. I think embracing inclusion and empower the under-serviced members of our community can help foster a sense of connection between the library and its community.