Introduction

Hello! My name is Britten.

I live in Wichita, Kansas. Wichita is one of the few cities with a flag all its own. We love our flag. Visit and you will find it on literally everything. It is a borderline obsession.

We love our flag so much we like to take it with us when we travel to photograph its adventures outside of the city.

This summer, I took my flag on my first ever official vacation not on a holiday or work break to Okinawa, Japan.

The flag tried to go seaweed hunting. The flag failed due to the warm weather the week before.
Don’t wear your swimsuit they said. Easy hike through small mountain stream they said. The flag found out it was much deeper than normal.
The flag felt better about the hike once it made it to the waterfall.
The flag took a break from the jungle to visit Shurijo Castle, a fully reconstructed castle from the Ryukyu kingdom.
The flag wanted to hike up a mountain and countless steps to visit a Shinto shrine. So many different shades of green. And so many steps. Definitely not in Kansas anymore.

I came back to Kansas, but my flag stayed with my host to enjoy the island life and food a little while longer.

When I am not on vacation, I am the Director of Library and Information Services for WSU Tech. I am a one person show so I get to do all the jobs around the library which is an exciting and exhausting experience.

I look forward to working with everyone this semester.

3 comments
  1. I love all the photos you took! What a cute idea, and thanks for sharing!

2. @britten Such a fun post and an amazing trip! Your job sounds amazing too! It also seems like you probably wear a lot of hats. Welcome to #hyperlib!

3. Fun post – and clever idea! Looks like both you and the flag had an awesome time in Okinawa 🙂