Greetings all! For this module we will focus on planning for emerging technologies and the future. This is where we start to get very practical and focused on what’s happening with trends and technology in libraries and information centers. This is also the time to start thinking about the technologies, trends or participatory services you’d like to focus on for your remaining assignments.
- Be sure to check your blog for pending comments. Dashboard –> Comments. You may seem some that need approval.
- Please review the page for the planning assignment. Here is a sample plan the demonstrates one approach to the assignment — EmergingTechnologyPlanningFixit Clinic– please be as creative as you’d like and utilize the resources here to create something the reflects your ideas for what the plan should be.
- Keep up the excellent reflective blogging – I enjoyed catching up on your thoughts last week. Great writing!
- View the assignment Q & A chat recording here.
- View the Michael Casey chat as well if you haven’t. We had some great discussion!
Upcoming #hyperlib Chats: (There are no mandatory sessions but students are encouraged to attend if schedules allow. It will be a way for us to check in and keep in touch. Sessions will be recorded and available.)
- October 15 – Stacie Ledden joins us at 4pm PT. Stacie is Director of Innovations and Brand Strategy at Anythink Libraries. https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/442384971
Deliverables this week:
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Environments – Choosing your own adventure! (Student choice of topic area): 10/7
- Please start work on planning assignment and be thinking about the Director’s Brief. This is a good week to map out your work for the rest of our semester.
- Reflection on New Models, New Horizons OR Mobile Info Environments: 10/28
- Reflection on Infinite Learning Modules OR Library as Classroom: 11/11
Major Assignment Due Dates:
Be sure to explore each assignment page and let me know if you have questions.