Hyperlinked Loria

November 29, 2020

The Humans of the Library Project

Filed under: Uncategorized — by @ 9:34 pm

Below is my Director’s Brief that I would submit to my own library’s director for consideration. My proposal is to bring the Human Library concept to the virtual world by creating a series of programs under the Humans of the Library umbrella. This series would first include a strong, social media presence that highlights library staff, and then evolves to include public submissions. From this social media project, library staff will then offer one-to-one Zoom sessions for people to “check out humans” and engage in a virtual conversation using the teleconferencing platform. Finally, recordings of interviews and conversations can be edited and uploaded to the library’s website as a “Voices from the Library” podcast. I focused primarily on the Power of Stories module, but from a pandemic lens. I wanted to offer something that allows people to connect during a time when connecting is a challenge, in a way that utilizes the technology available to us today.

2 Comments »

1. Hi Ashley, I liked your idea about a virutal Human Library, especially during COVID times. I think you make a great point about being able to communicate with each other and stay connected to one another during the pandemic. Good job!

Comment by sarahcollins — December 1, 2020 @ 2:21 am |Reply

• Thanks so much! I was drawn to the idea as a means to stay connected when we have to remain apart. Keeping the connection is really important, especially during a time when so many are feeling lonely.

Comment by Ashley Loria — December 1, 2020 @ 6:48 pm |Reply

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI