Home » Uncategorized » Introduction

Introduction

Hello Everyone! My name is Angelina Clark. I live in Glasgow, KY.  I finished my Bachelor’s degree in Library Informatics with a minor in Management from Northern Kentucky University in 2018. I have two children a 20-year-old daughter who attends Western Kentucky University and my little guy who is six.

I am the Circulation Manager / Technology Coordinator at the Barren County Public Library. I have worked at the library for 22 years; I genuinely enjoy my job. I started out working in the youth department at the age of 15; after graduating high school, I became full-time and transferred to the reference department; now, I am the Circulation Manager and Technology Coordinator.  Other responsibilities and duties have included being  Interim Director. I also have some cataloging experience and participated in inventory (books, furniture, and equipment). I’m in charge of interlibrary loans, prepare and make weekly bank deposits, oversee all bank accounts, and am the go-to person for everything, but I wouldn’t want it any other way!

I don’t have much time for anything other than school, work, and my kids. I am very active in my church, and my little man plays sports, so I am very involved in little league.

My goal has always been to get my MLIS, so here I am. I have two classes this semester, one class and the e-Portfolio left for the spring, and I will complete the MLIS program. My career goal is to one day be a Library Director.

I chose this course because I had Dr. Stephens for a previous class and enjoyed it so much!

I look forward to getting to know you all and work with you.

1 Comment

1. Hello @angelina – Glad to have you back in class. My parents came from the Prestonsburg area. I have not been back to Kentucky since 2007. Would like to visit again soon.

You have worn many hats at your library – all excellent experience for your professional career.

Welcome to #hyperlib!