Peach-Perfect Work Snack

In preparation for my crazy work week, I decided to do some baking. I got a bunch of peaches at the farmers’ market early on Sunday, with the plan of making some gluten-free peach crumble (or crisp) early in the day; and then I got lazy, probably because of the heat wave. Inspired by Mary’s post and pie pictures, I forged ahead with my baking. I waited until about 10 pm, because who wants a hot oven heating up everything when it’s already 106 degrees everywhere else? I started the formidable task of washing and slicing more peaches than I can count. I am working seven days this week (yipes!), so I need seven snack portions. Well, it must have been 1 am when all was said and done, and my work snack was ready. I was too tired to stay up and taste it, so I waited until today. Let’s just say I have my doubts whether this work snack is gonna last the week. It might just vanish by the middle of the week. I got some ice cream to go with it, so that is certainly not going to help one bit. Might just have to come up with something else more boring and less delicious than my peach-perfect crumble. 🙂

10 thoughts on “Peach-Perfect Work Snack

• I used almond meal, for the first time…other times, I think I have used Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking mix. I also used oats and ground them up into a chunky flour texture. I threw in some coconut flour…but not too much, the coconut flour tends to have a very strong flavor. I used some flax and chia and pecans and cinnamon and butter and brown sugar…and dash of salt.

• I used almond meal, a little bit of Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking mix, used oats and ground them up into a chunky flour texture. I threw in some coconut flour…but not too much, the coconut flour tends to have a very strong flavor. I used some flax and chia and pecans and cinnamon and butter and brown sugar…and dash of salt. Also, added coconut oil if it seemed like more was needed to get the chunks to hold together. It tastes amazing!

• Mmmm that sounds delicious! I’m a vegan, but definitely haven’t experimented much with gluten free recipes. That’s something I’ll definitely have to try!

• I will work on writing out the recipe…though I confess I didn’t really track all the ingredients’ exact quantities. 🙂

Here is a short ingredients summary, which I shared in a comment above:

I used almond meal, a little bit of Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking mix, used oats and ground them up into a chunky flour texture. I threw in some coconut flour…but not too much, the coconut flour tends to have a very strong flavor. I used some flax and chia and pecans and cinnamon and butter and brown sugar…and dash of salt. Also, added coconut oil if it seemed like more was needed to get the chunks to hold together. It tastes amazing!