Home » Uncategorized » Virtual Symposium ~ In Search of Hyperlinked Libraries

Virtual Symposium ~ In Search of Hyperlinked Libraries

I want to thank everyone for sharing this exceptional learning experience with me. I am so blessed.

I have really enjoyed this class, it has been a very humanizing and spirited experience for me. I feel that I am on the right track, and thanks to all of you, I am validated.

Last week, my wonderful husband accompanied me on a tour of local libraries, so that I could find Hyperlinks. My presentation is a bit longer than I wanted it to be, but I had trouble timing my slides for optimal reading. Maybe you can find some meditative moments in the music and the images.

Virtual Symposium .pdf file

We had fun visiting the libraries. I have tons of pictures-more than I could use. If you are ever looking for library images, let me know. I would be happy to let you use some.

selatham1@gmail.com

The last weeks of the course have been hard. My niece who had been ill since last fall took a sudden turn for the worse and passed away last week. My sister and I were going to California this week to spend time with her. Instead, we are here to help her mom, sister, and, brother celebrate her life.

My niece, Danielle Davita Braus, 1988 – 2017

1. This sounds like it was a great experience, visiting all the different libraries and connecting them to what we learned this semester. I especially loved the picture of the rock wall. What a great idea to put a branch of the library at the rec center!

2. This is just gorgeous. The baby garden at Deerfield! The cozy and beautiful spaces at Highland Park! The climbing wall at Hinkston Park! What an adventure!

I’m so sorry about your niece. That’s a brutal thing to be dealing with, especially at the end of the semester with all the attendant stresses and pressures. I hope that the rest of the week goes smoothly for you and the break brings some relief.

3. Sara, I loved your presentation! I am always so amazed that everyone is so creative and imaginative, what a great idea to go out to your local libraries to experience the “hyperlinked”library! The library that I work for has a puzzle table which I find very comforting, and I love it as do the patrons!
    I’m very sorry to hear about your niece, it’s nice that you were able to be with your family.