Virtual Symposium

May 14, 2017

Hello classmates,

Here is my virtual symposium creation. I’ve always wanted to try making an infographic, so I used Piktochart to summarize a few of my favorite and key lessons I learned this semester. It has been great learning with you all!

INFO 287 Virtual Symposium

4 Responses to “Virtual Symposium”

1. Profile photo of Gina Martinez said

Great insights and beautiful use of the piktochart. I love the take away that we, as librarians, also need to participate and play with technology and that you also noted that not everyone is as into technology as the next person but we need to fit all levels of need.

• Profile photo of Molly said

Hi Gina,
      Thanks for your compliments! I think it’s really important that we are familiar with and excited about the services and technology that we are offering to patrons. There’s no need to love everything and buy it for your house and be the poster child for it or anything, but we should at least know how to market things appropriately. It can be difficult to contain excitement about personal favorites, but it’s something I’m still working on to be equitable when talking about all services. 🙂

2. Profile photo of Joleen Jin said

Very nice chart, I haven’t tried out Piktochart yet.

• Profile photo of Molly said

Thanks Joleen! I found it very easy to use and the free version isn’t too scaled back that it’s annoying. I will use it again in the future!