LibraryCon! Why didn’t I think of that!

I am going to try to convince my library to host a LibrariCon. Other library systems have done it, and we have so many great local resources available: comic book stores, local artists and authors, Spokane Batman, Spokane Deadpool, we could even have a HeroClix tournament. And we would have to have a costume contest! I know that Spokane has had a small comic con for a couple of years, maybe we could combine them and get some good library publicity.

One thought on “LibraryCon! Why didn’t I think of that!”

1. The public library I work for is having a Teen LibraryCon next week. It’s pretty scaled down for our first go around, but depending on response, I’m sure it will be bigger and better next year. We have a couple librarians that are really into Comic Con, and they spearheaded the entire thing.

Saturday, March 11
    2:00-5:00 PM | Room 201 & 214
    Join us for our first ever LibraryCon—a celebration of all things nerdy. Bring your old volumes and participate in the book swap, or get ready for FanX by learning some new cosplay techniques. Win prizes by drawing some awesome fan art for the art contest or by strutting your stuff on stage in the costume contest.