Final thoughts

How to capture the value of this course? This graphic is perfect because while the class was spectacular, and I learned a lot, I also feel like my head is spinning with all the possibilities and techniques and tools that I still need to absorb.

My fellow students are so amazing – just radiating wonderful ideas, and prodigious understanding, and tremendous potential to change and expand the meaning of the word “librarian.”

Professor Stephens has crafted a really useful course, with so many excellent resources that I will use again and again as I finish school and move into my professional career. Perhaps even more valuable is his genuine interest in and concern about students and their learning. I have only had one other professor in my entire educational experience who demonstrated such a palpable love of teaching. I am reassured that such people exist in the world, and I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to be in this course.

2 thoughts on “Final thoughts

1. @danielle, I agree about the head spinning. I had many nights this semester when I couldn’t sleep because I was thinking of all the things I wanted to do and try in my library.

2. Danielle, it’s amazing how much more you retain and learn from professors who are excited about the topics and students learning. I find that the resources are usually more helpful and relevant while the students start to share other resources, which is awesome!