Course Symposium

I submitted a proposal for a poster to the regional ACRL conference based on the work I did in this class for my book report on Guy Kawasaki’s Enchantment. My proposal was accepted, so I decided to create my poster for my symposium presentation (as well as a handout [link below], since it’s way too big a topic to cover in a poster).

I had made a poster last year using PPT, which is what I always hear recommended as the best software for designing posters. However, I didn’t really like the way that it came out. So I used Piktochart for this poster, and I think it’s much more vibrant. I also found Piktochart very easy to use.

I would love to get feedback on this from my very smart and savvy fellow students: please be completely honest in your comments. Thank you!

Please click the link above to see a larger and clearer version.

Here is the handout that goes with the poster, so that I can explain a bit more about the items I am suggesting.

WIN SOCIAL MEDIA HANDOUT

7 thoughts on “Course Symposium

• @loribromac Thank you so much! JK’s quote isn’t a library example per se, but I just HAD to include it! She has mastered Twitter in a way that anyone would be wise to emulate.

1. Danielle,
    I like your poster. It is informative, creative, and has great real life examples. Nice job!

2. @dmasursky I am so happy for you. I am glad your proposal was accepted. That is a huge accomplishment! Congratulations! I have enjoyed being in class with you. Coming from another program, SU, I appreciated your opinions and thoughts on the course and the program at SJSU. It was nice seeing you in the virtual classroom last evening. I hope that we will keep in touch with each other and our INFO 287 classmates. 🙂