I think being a librarian has always been my destiny, but it took me awhile to get there. Along the way, I’ve been a gerontologist and a lawyer. I started my first library job about a year and a half ago. Over the summer I interned at an academic law library and this semester I’m volunteering at a museum doing cataloging. I want to figure out which environment is the best fit for me. I started the MLIS program in Spring 2016 and it’s amazing how much I’ve learned and grown since then.

In my spare time, I like to read, make art, hang out with friends and family, eat good food, watch the SF Giants, crochet, see movies, binge watch great shows, and write. I wrote a baby name book that was published in 2009, Baby Names Made Easy. If you have an interesting name story, I’d love to hear it! Fair warning, if you share a good story (and you don’t object), you may show up in my blog – www.amandabarden.com.

I love meeting other MLIS students, so if you live in the Bay Area let’s put together a study group or grab some coffee.

Looking forward to getting to know you all this semester!

Amanda

2 comments on “Hello from San Francisco!”