Greetings all! For this module we will focus on planning for emerging technologies and the future. This is where we start to get very practical and focused on what’s happening with technology in libraries and information centers. This is also the time to start thinking about the technologies, trends or participatory services you’d like to focus on for your remaining assignments.
- Be sure to check your blog for pending comments. Dashboard –> Comments. You may seem some that need approval.
- Keep up the excellent reflective blogging – I enjoyed catching up on your thoughts this weekend. Great writing! Thanks again for the well wishes during such a busy travel and meeting time last week.
- View the assignment Q & A chat recording here. (Scroll down to recordings, date 3/5)
Upcoming #hyperlib Chats: (For those who can’t attend, these chats will be recorded.)
- March 20th – Stacie Ledden joins us at 4pm PT. Stacie is Director of Innovations and Brand Strategy at Anythink Libraries.
- Late April or early May – Char Booth joins us at TBA. She is Associate Dean of the Library at CSU San Marcos and an ACRL Immersion Institute faculty member.
Deliverables this week:
- Reflection on Hyperlinked Environments – Choosing your own adventure! (Student choice of topic area): 3/12
- Please start work on planning assignment and be thinking about the Director’s Brief. This is a good week to map out your work for the rest of our semester.
- Reflection on New Models, New Horizons OR Mobile Info Environments: 4/9
- Reflection on Library as Classroom or Infinite Learning Modules: 4/23
Major Assignment Due Dates:
Be sure to explore each assignment page and let me know if you have questions.