If you are doing Option 2 – use this page for more inspiration!
Hey all – I have been thinking a lot about Comp O and this class after our discussion in the Connection Cafe. I can’t add a new assignment to the class since we are all underway with our current syllabus..but I had a thought… Global themes are woven throughout the modules so perhaps we should try a second option for the Director’s Brief this semester. One that will help you toward your Comp O!
Here’s the new option:
You will write a “Director’s Brief,” an examination of progressive library services, trends or models outside of the US related to our course themes. Your brief may be designed to introduce these international concepts to your library director or admin team. Follow the assignment guidelines at the Director’s brief page, adapting the template as needed.
To make it super easy to dive in, here are a list of topics that you could choose: (and more than one of you can choose the same topic!)
- Dokk1 in Aarhus (Perhaps synthesize the professional literature about this innovative library? What steps did they take to plan it?…)
- The Model Programme for Public Libraries (What is it? Who originated it? Who is using it? How can libraries use it?)
- IFLA Trends Report (What is it? How does it align with other trends reports and our course?)
- IFLA Global Vision (What is it? How does it align our course?)
- Learning 2.0 or Mobile 23 Things Style Programs (What is it? Where did it come from? What global impact has it had? See this for more!) (And this from Ireland!)
- Digital Inclusion in Australia (What is it? What can we learn from this initiative?)
What other trends or concepts might there be out there beyond our borders? The “Hyperlinked Museum” abroad? Hygge in Libraries? Hyperlinked services on other continents?